Monday, June 16, 2008

Carly in hospital

Carly at the vetCarly's is sick from what, we don't know... What cause it, still a mystery... Anxious, nervous and praying she'll be OK!

Its been a week that I've noticed somethings different with Carly. She was walking very cautiously, any noise made her jump, she started to eat less, when jumping of the couch or chair she was very hesitant to jump but the final straw was this Sunday when her pupils didn't react to light... They stayed big and when I tried to put a string in front so she can play she ignored it. I stayed up until early morning reading all about different eye diseases... I got about 3hrs of sleep and woke up to feed them. Called the vet and they said it was urgent for her to go in... We were there in 20min... We got there the technician first examine her and wrote some info on her chart. After about 5-10 min the vet showed up and did her test. BFG and me told her of her problems that we had been noticing for the past week...

Carly at the vetI also told her that Carly had an appointment on Wed for blood work for her cleaning and extractions but that was put on hold... She said the most important thing is to deal with the problems she's having. It could be many things she said hypertension, diabetes [Carly weights now 9.48lb], or unknown disease. I wanted to cry but stop myself. BFG saw me struggling so he took over and started to talk instead. The vet checked her breathing and heart... She said she noticed a slight arrhythmia, that's scary. Carly's only 4yrs old... Also she saw how cautious she walked... I'm so scared!

Carly's CageThe vet decide it would be best for Carly to spend 24hrs at the hospital for observation and where she'll have tests done: complete blood work, 2 x-rays, blood pressure taken, ecg [if needed], IV [if needed] and see if she's eating OK. As she's been eating less, it could be that her teeth hurt too as she needs extractions and deep cleaning which has been postponed do to these unknown problems that have arised.

I knew something was not right with Carly.. I had this gut intuition and BFG just thought I was too sensitive. He doesn't spend as much time with them as I do and when my kitties are not 100% I can see right away. To the vet we go! =^.-= I love them so much, they're part of my family and will do anything for them to be OK.

Now it's the wait and see time...

Called
3:05pm liver and kidney are OK. Vet is operating will call me to talk to me about the results of the other tests...

Vet called
5:40pm - on looking closer they found kidney stones. Carly seems not to want to eat and got hooked to IV... She'll try to see if she can make her eat something and will give her antibiotics. Also, Carly's heart seems a bit not much but a bit big. Her lungs and arteries are fine. Tomorrow she'll see the vet and a call will be placed to the eye vet to see if they can see her as soon as possible and they'll call me for further updates. I been thinking what could she have ingested that made her so sick. Tomorrows white blood cell count will reveal more but for now she's still looking depressed and not eating.. Worried... no sleep...
I'm worried about Carly so very much... I can't seem to sleep... she's at the hospital for observation...

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP